KADUNA STATE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
WHO WE ARE:
The Kaduna State Internal Revenue service was established by the Kaduna State Tax (Codification & Consolidation) Law, 2016. OUR VISION STATEMENT: To become the most efficient and transparent revenue generation agency in Nigeria built on integrity, accountability and taxpayer’s confidence for the effective and efficient governance of Kaduna State.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
To render value added services to taxpayers, by being firm and fair and entrenching a sustainable system that will encourage massive voluntary tax compliance.
OUR CORE VALUES:
WHAT WE DO :
We are mandated by the Kaduna State tax law, 2016, to collect all government revenues, these are; Personal Income Tax -Pay As You Earn -Direct Assessment Road Taxes Stamp Duties Capital Gains Tax Hotel, Restaurant and Entertainment Tax Land Use Charge All fees, rates, levies and charges of Ministries, Departments and Agencies. All fees, rates, levies and charges of Local Governments in the state.
WHERE WE ARE :
The Kaduna State Tax (Codification & Consolidation) Law, 2016 was signed into law on the 1st March, 2016. It established the Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service and ushered in a new dawn in tax administration in Kaduna State. Some of the key highlights of the law: - Empowers Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service as the sole revenue collection agency of the State. - Harmonizes and centralizes collection of all revenue in the State - Ensures improved and professional service delivery - Simplifies payment of taxes - Introduces investor friendly tax code - Prohibits the collection of cash revenue - Encourages voluntary compliance - Eliminates multiple taxation - Provides taxpayers with information on precise taxes payable - Promotes transparency and accountability
- Harmonized demand notices - Non-cash collection of revenues, payments only through PoS and Banks or any other approved e-payment system - Improved taxpayer service delivery - Development of a comprehensive database of taxpayers in Kaduna - Aggressive sensitization enlightenment and education of taxpayers - Creation of an enabling ambience for taxpayers to transact their businesses - Improved tax drive/monitoring and enforcement - Restructuring of the Service with emphasis on professionalism, effectiveness and efficiency - Development and deployment of ITAS, with pilot solution of SIGTAS for PAYE - Over 30% increase in Internally Generated Revenue
- Complete automation of the Service
- Enhanced service delivery
- Improved voluntary compliance
- Professionalizing the Service to meet up with world best practices
- Raising the bar in tax administration with a view to achieving targets
- Generate N52billion revenue for the State in 2017 KADIRS
– Tax for Service.